Sunday, July 27, 2008

Quiet week

I have been doing little bits and pieces of quick, fun knitting. Here is my Whimsey Kerchief
This is the best picture I could get of the back of my head so here it is layed flat. I like it.

I'm not really sure when I'll wear it but I like the idea of wearing it. I also made this little wrist band which is Perdita a Knitty pattern. I got the beads and thread in a kit from Earthfaire. I love that site. They have lots of nice things. You can't tell from the photo but it has little gold beads down the middle.
Today the three youngest kids went to water slides with their big brother and his fiancee. I have a ham in the oven for when they all get home. Until then I'm just enjoying the quiet and relaxing. Tomorrow I might take them to the library. Even though school is still 4 weeks away it feels like summer vacation is winding down. We got rain today! Lots of it too which is nice change. Its been so dry which is unusual for here. We really need it for the plants and the lawn. I wouldn't mind if it kept up for a couple more days. I have little tolerance for summer and after a few weeks of sun and dry weather I'm looking forward to Autumn (my favourite time of year). It takes months of wintery weather to get me down but only a few weeks of hot weather. Which is just as well really as I live the Pacific Northwest.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your kerchief.

Kerchief. Funny.