Sunday, July 13, 2008

Pipes and Drums

Yesterday was a really nice for us again. In the morning we relaxed and I finished knitting these
They are the Broadripple Socks from Knitty that I knit with Socks That Rock Socktopus mediumweight. I love these socks. Fun and easy to knit.


Later in the afternoon when hubby came we went to the Skagit Valley Highland Games and Celtic Festival. It was a lot of fun despite the heat and the lack of shade at the grounds. I got to have a Scotch Pie and and Irn Bru for lunch and I have another Irn Bru in the fridge for later.

We saw Pipes and Drum bands
They were all great. As we were there near the end we got to see them all together for The Mass Pipes and Drums. It sounded amazing.
It was really hard to get picture that really showed how many of them there were but trust me there were loads and they were loud. There are all age groups in those bands. We saw really young boys and girls with the drums. They are all very clever and talented. We all agreed that was our favourite part of the day.

No comments: