Monday, July 21, 2008

They're in the house!!!!!

Frogs!!! Ok they are tiny little thumb nail sized frogs but still they aren't welcome in the house. I found the first one on the stove late on Saturday night. We put up the tents to see if they were ok for the kids to take on a camping trip with their mother and we let the three youngest ones sleep in them that night. Well, 8 year old came in and left the door and the screen door open. We think that's how the first one got in. We assume the rest - which showed up on Saturday - came in on the camping equipment when they brought it in ready to go. Three were caught and put back outside where they belong but tragically three got dry and died and we only found the bodies which is pretty icky! So from now on outside stuff doesn't come inside without being checked for stowaways.

I have been watching the trailers for the Twilight movie. It looks good. I can't wait. It doesn't come out until December though.

Today I baked white chocolate chip cookies and brownies (the brownies I made from a packet mix) so I could have some yummy snacks and actually get to eat some before the kids scoff them all when they come home tomorrow. Yes, I have been enjoying a quiet house and no work without the kids. Back to reality tomorrow though. They will love having cookies waiting for them. Until then I making the most of the extra me time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!