Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Summer

Meet my arch enemy - pollen. Aagh, I'm worn out and feeling crappy most of the day thanks to allergies. I wake up with a dry, scratchy throat, itchy eyes and sneezing. I have an antihistamine that works but that also knocks me out. So when I don't have allergy symptoms I'm tired and sleepy and just want to lie down. Sick...of .....it!

So , I'm staying indoors and knitting. I'm currently besotted with all Tweed Yarn. I want this book Tweed just because of the lovely yarn on the cover. Although I'm sure its a great book for other reasons. Since summer holidays are here I rarely get a minute to myself and am only getting to enjoy a clean house for about 2 minutes after its been cleaned. There's always someone to come along and rumple something or drop some crumbs. I also seem to spend an inordinate about of time driving people around. Why can't they make friends with kids who don't live miles from us? But I am grateful that the usual arguing and bickering that goes on when everyone is together at home has been kept to minimum and for the time being everyone is getting along and happy most of the time. I know from experience that things start to get tense around week 7 of summers holidays as everyone gets bored and sick of the sight of each other. There are lots of activities coming up to keep everyone occupied. Scout camp, day camp and a long list of movies we all want to see and hopefully some beach visits. We should be fine.

We've seen a few movies already. We loved Wall.E. Next up is Journey to the Centre of the Earth (3D, the kids are beside themselves), then The Dark Knight and the latest Mummy movie.

We are getting really nice weather. We had a nice, dry 4th of July so Hubby and the kids were able to do our annual mini display. I just on the porch and had a great view of not only ours but several really great ones going on around the neighbourhood. A few of our neighbours were up on their roof to see them all but our house it situated in such a way that I got to see everything without climbing up on ours (thankfully). I don't have pictures. I'm not that skilled at photography at the best of times so good shots of fireworks were out of the question. The only bad part was when I was covering the BBQ and a frog jumped off the cover onto my foot. Ok, it was tiny but still, it was a FROG!

The kids have gone to bed so I'm going to relax for a bit and watch Bram Stokers Dracula! Again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the tweed book? What are you knitting with tweed? Is it up on Ravelry yet?

Anonymous said...

Please ignore the unnecessary question mark in the previous comment. I meant that I love the tweed book - not questioning your love of it.