Thursday, July 17, 2008

Cozy days at home

Last night the kids and I watched Joseph and His Technicolour Dream Coat. This one was on DVD starring Donny Osmond and Richard Attenborough among others. I remember loving it as a teenager in the 80s when anything by Andrew Lloyd Webber was hugely popular. So I rented the DVD and was surprised that I still remembered all the words to the songs. Don't worry, I didn't sing along. The kids don't deserve that haha. Everyone really enjoyed it although I wasn't keen on a couple of the sets in this version and in the Egyptian parts there were lots of half or more than half naked women which seemed unnecessary.

It was a cooler day today with lots of cloud and even a bit of fog this morning. A perfect day for baking. So I made Creamcheese Banana Nut Bread which I found on There's No Place Like Home. It turned out really well. YUM! I also got out the crockpot and made Hot Ham Rolls which I also found on a blog. This time The Homespun Heart. They were really yummy. I served them with Swiss cheese and they turned out just fine. I love both of these blogs and highly recommend going and reading them. The house smelled great with the ham going and the banana bread baking.

I also spent a bit of time moving all my recipes into a nice new binder. I've had quite a productive day and its only lunchtime. I'm going to spend some time this afternoon with a nice cup of tea, some banana bread and my knitting.

No comments: