Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Pumpkins

The windy, wet storms have started so it must be October. The first came last Saturday which was the day we had picked to got the pumpkin patch for our pumpkins. It never fails, every year we go on the coldest, nastiest day. Its all part of the experience though. We get all rugged up and cosy and hunt for the perfect pumpkins. Only we weren't all the rugged up this year as it was quite pleasant when we left. We did some shopping, had lunch then headed to the patch by which time we had black skies, blustery winds and icy cold rain.

We went earlier than usual this year. Usually the whole field in the back is a sea of orange, full of pumpkins. They are still in the ground. We now have porch full of pumpkins waiting for carving.

I've hurt my wrist and can't knit. This is very annoying because I have my sisters birthday socks (which I wanted to send off this week in a package) to finish and some fingerless mitts (which I need) only half done. Oh well.

Tomorrow is the girls last day at school as we are starting Homeschooling. I'm looking forward to that. Then on Friday I have to take five 10 year old girls to Build a Bear for a birthday party. 10 year old turns 11 tomorrow. Her birthday is her VIP day at school and also her last day. So she's thinking its going to be a pretty great day haha. She has no love for school. Yesterday she got yelled at by her teacher and told her maths is worse than the Special Ed. kids. It made us so glad we are homeschooling now. I had some reservations about doing it but since went back so many things have happened that it seems we are being pushed to do this. Now I have to go and make cupcakes for her to take tomorrow and then thankfully I'm done with that too!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is outrageous that her teacher said that!

Nice pumpkins.