Saturday, September 27, 2008

Oregon

This weekend I am in Oregon with the two girls house/cat sitting for mother in law who is Portland visiting her sick brother. We are in Wallowa, my husbands home town. Yesterday we packed a lunch and went to the Lake for the afternoon. Its really beautiful there and the weather is just perfect here at the moment. We had such a nice afternoon that we are about to go a do the same thing again today. My mother in law has a really lovely old house that my husband grew up in. Its really special to him. We would love to live back here but work keeps us where we are for now. Anyway, here are some pictures.

Yes, thats it on my banner too. That picture was taken after winter, hence the snow capped mountains. We drove around the park which is gorgeous and saw these guys at the RV park. Imagine heading out in the morning and finding them at the bottom of the stairs
Every morning we get to watch the squirrels at the feeder in the big tree in the front yard. Then when we went out for walk this morning we disturbed about 1000 crickets as we walked across the lawn. We just don't see this stuff much back home. All the wildlife meant there is lots of crashing around and footsteps outside at night which is not a good thing when you've been reading this

Yes, I'm an idiot. Bringing a really scary ghost story to a weekend away in a big old creaky house with just two little girls to protect me was not a good idea. But, what can I say, I love good ghost story.

Tomorrow we head home and if I'm really brave I'll stop and take a picture of the huge canyon we drive past on the way out of town.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, Moyra! What a banner photo! Any chance I might be able to place that photo on my website at accredit you as the photographer? My husband and I've owned a B&B in Joseph (town next to Wallowa Lake) for about 8 years. You passed it on your way to and from there if you were on Main Street.

Glad you enjoyed your vacation in Wallowa County with your family. Perhaps the job situation will change and you'll be able to move here someday.

Thanks again--
Heather

Moyra said...

Yes, you may use the photo. I really love it. Its a great area isn't it? Thanks for the comments. We did have good time on our trip and will be back often.