Saturday, September 6, 2008

September begins.

Well, its been an interesting week. School started obviously. We decided to put off starting homeschooling the girls for a while. The reasons are varied but mostly I am just not in a place where I am not willing do that right now. I won't elaborate but we'll see how I feel after winter break. The girls have really settled into the new school year and are enjoying their classes and new teachers so I'm happy with that decision. Our 12 year has started Middle School football this year and he's really having a great time and is excited about it. Its nice to have them interested in activities outside of the house and away from the computer/video games. Now, just to get 17year old out of the house.....

We are starting to see the first signs of Autumn. We have chilly nights with that lovely crisp smell of winter/cooler weather and wood smoke in the air. People in the neighbourhood are starting to decorate their porches with Fall decorations. I have started this in the house and will slowly do more over the next month. I've also stocked up on Pumpkin Spice scented candles which are a must for me in the Autumn/Winter months. I love them. The kids are talking almost daily about Halloween which is getting a tad wearing and we have 7 weeks still to go. Can you here me groan? I love this time of year though. From now until Christmas I'm happy, happy. Today I found myself thinking about starting a planner for all the activities. It made me think of my Mum who used to have notebooks and notebooks of Christmas ideas and plans. My sisters and I are list makers too. Not on the scale she was though. After she died we held onto them for a long time because they were important to her.

Today I spent doing some gardening and pottering about the house. Brian went out and got supplies to make a fence around our backyard. I can't wait until its up and our garden is private and Simon can't run off. He doesn't wander as a rule but if he hears people screaming and laughing he'll try to run around the front and see them. He's really friendly and wants to play but it worries us he'll take off and run on the road or get lost. Anyway, we are trying to get all the garden stuff done before the cold,wet weather and short days are upon us. Then we can snuggle up, nice and warm in the house for the next few months.

No comments: