Saturday, December 6, 2008

Snowmen without the snow.

My Mum used to make snowmen from Styrofoam balls covered in cotton wool. I thought this would be a fun thing to make with the girls so I bought the supplies. The girls have been eagerly anticipating making them. I'm asked on a daily basis if we can make the snow men. I have been ill with a head cold and various aches and pains so I haven't felt up to it. Today we finally made them. We were responsible for one each. It was as fun as I thought it would be. We plan to keep one and give one to our former neighbour who is like a Grandmother to the kids. The third will go the their mother.

Here they are.



They are in shadows because they are naked. I am knitting them hats and scarves. When they are dressed they will be revealed in all their (modest) glory.


I do wonder when knitting mini hats and scarves became my idea of good way to spend Saturday night. I have slowed but who cares... I'm having a great time.

No comments: