Thursday, December 11, 2008

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Earlier in the month I wasn't feeling particularly excited about Christmas. I think it because the older kids weren't being very enthusiastic. But that's changed. Today I filled the bowl with nuts, got in some eggnog and candy canes and planned what to bake tomorrow. We are told there may be snow so I thought it would be nice to have lots of yummy winter treats on hand over the weekend. This is the kids mothers year to have them for Christmas but because of her work schedule they will stay here and we will all go to Christmas lunch with her family. So really we have them whole time even though its not our year (hubby is secretly happy about that haha).
When everyone has gone to bed tonight I am planning to wrap the Christmas for my nephew and nieces in Australia so I can get them mailed so they (hopefully) get them before Christmas.

So this weekend we will bake and probably go for a drive around town to see all the neighbourhood Christmas lights and decorations. Oh and I got some visitors yesterday and was given this really nice fresh holly. Its looks so good.

No comments: